Brahms: Ein Deutches Requiem. Performed in Viborg and Århus
- Date: 08-11-2017 - 08-11-2017
- : 19:30 - 21:00
- Organizer: Viborg Domkirke
- location: Viborg DomkirkeSct. Mogensgade 4, 8800 Viborg
- Contact person: Ejner Nielsen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Catholic time a requiem was written in Latin and was a mass for the dead, however Brahms wrote his requiem in German and with texts to comfort the living. It is moving and grandiose music, which 4 choirs from central and western Jutland now have studied: Vestjysk Koncertkor, Midtjysk Kammerkor, Silkeborg Motetkor and Lemvig Kammerkor.
They sing with Orkester MidtVest, a symphony orchestra consisting of music students and professional musicians. Soloists are Kristine Becker Lund, soprano and Morten Frank Larsen, baritone. The work is directed by Søren Kinch Hansen.