Church of Our Lady, Copenhagen Cathedral and the Reformation
- Date: 21-05-2017 - 20-12-2017
- Organizer: Domkirkens Museum
- location: Københavns Domkirke - Vor Frue Kirke - MuseetNørregade 8, 1165 København K
- Contact person: Susanne Wenningsted-Torgard
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church of Our Lady, Copenhagen Cathedral was the battlefield in the 1530s, since it was one of the few places where a true iconoclastic event toke place. Since then, the church has become an important place for church life. For a brief moment it even seemed that the Church of Our Lady should be a reformation monument.
In the first part of this exhibition a Copenhagen family leads the visitor through the years of the 16th century and tells how the new faith has had an impact on their lives. Through them we meet Peder Palladius and Johann Bugenhagen in the streets of Copenhagen.
The second part of the exhibition focuses on how different reformation celebrations have made their mark on the Church of Our Lady.
Open monday to thursday at 11-16, Friday and Sunday at. 12-16. There may be closed during ecclesiastical acts