The presidium is the official body of the Reformation anniversary, responsible for establishing an overall framework for the content of its celebration, including sourcing information about activities internationally.
A successful celebration of the anniversary in Denmark is dependent on the presidium’s ability to generate interest for the huge significance of the Reformation among researchers, educators, the media, artists, museums, and churches, etc., so they in turn can stimulate people’s curiosity about its legacy. Which means that the main task of the presidium to inspire these cultural ‘torchbearers /catalysts’.
Given this, the overall goals of the presidium are to:
- Support research themes that generate new knowledge about the Reformation of the 1500s and its impact on society, the church and culture up until today.
- Establish a national survey of relevant research and publications.
- Promote the anniversary on platforms like an interactive homepage.
- Provide a network and coordination for the many people and institutions involved in the anniversary.
- Be active in the initiation of a wide range of public activities with a broad appeal to celebrate the Reformation anniversary.
- Raise funds for selected activities from private and public sources.